this position is contract base for 1 year
Responsible for providing market-level technical support for local sourcing and global product developments. Assistant Manager for Product Development supports technical efforts with the market-level team to identify, develop and support new products/services to support the local product portfolio. The Assistant Manager may support global product developments by providing technical expertise for product analysis, claims, communication and general product support for global launches and existing products to internal and external partners. The Assistant Manager applies knowledge of project management, chemistry, engineering, regulatory and other related sciences that result in technically sound products that meet consumers’ needs and support business priorities
- Conducting competitive landscape analysis, monitoring, synthesizing and communicating new technical developments in the market
- Conducting competitive technologies scouting activities in local to provide technical solutions for new product development.
- Partnering with peers in R&D and Marketing to identify local, externally-sourced product needs
- Providing market-specific claims, merchandising information, and Distributor selling points, demos, and practices for current generation Amway / benchmark products.
- Documenting and implementing best practices to execute and continuously improve business processes
- Reviewing Feasibility and Guiding Development of Product Profiles (Formula & Packaging)
- Assessing Product Design Risk and communicating overall technical risk to stakeholders
- Building long-term relationships with external companies/local suppliers that are likely to develop product solutions in the market’s areas of interest
- Establishing in-depth knowledge of the capabilities and culture of an identified set of key suppliers. Align key supplier capabilities with the needs of the market.
- Reviewing IP/Formula Ownership for local sourcing product developments
- Conducting and/or leading the assessment of novel product solutions
- Providing guidance to formula and package samples requests from suppliers
- Developing Claim Substantiation Plans
- Evaluating samples and comparing against product profile
- Coordinating feedback to the supplier on development activities (product design, formulation, test plans, Mfg trials, etc.)
- Coordinating and gathering input to select final formula and package
- Requesting Patent Infringement Review
- Assisting with Artwork & Label development
- Assessing and/or conducting claims and performance testing
- Confirming acceptability of supplier-conducted package, functionality, shipping and stability testing
- Finalizing Specifications
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong team player across company
- Ability to adapt quickly to an evolving environment.
- Excellent language skills in English.
- Excellent written and oral communicating skills are a must.
- Good knowledge of Cosmetics (Beauty & personal care), and it’s better if he/she is familiar with Health Supplement, Traditional Medicine, Food and Medical Device business in Indonesia
- Education & Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmaceutical, Food Science or Health and Nutrition or related field.
- 5 years working experience dealing with the development of Cosmetics
Kota Kasablanka Level UG #68, Jl. Casablanca No.Raya, RT.2/RW.12, Menteng Dalam, Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12870